Memory Care Validation
NCCAP has partnered with the Validation Training Institute to create a curriculum based on the pioneering methodology of Naomi Feil known as Validation®. Validation is built upon an empathetic attitude and holistic view of individuals experiencing cognitive decline.
Memory Care Validation Certification is intended for life enrichment and activity professionals across all care settings. Designed as a thorough introduction in caring, interacting and serving those with dementia, this interactive course is delivered over 11 weeks and includes live or recorded webinars, course work and practice with certified NCCAP and Validation Instructors.
At the end of this course you will possess the knowledge and skills to communicate and be genuinely present to older adults experiencing age-related cognitive decline. You will learn practical ways to work that help reduce stress, enhance dignity and increase happiness in your self and those you serve.
1. EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
2. EXPERIENCE: 1,000 hours working in dementia care within past 5 years
3. REQUIRED CURRICULUM: Memory Care: Validation®
4. PASS THE FINAL ASSESSMENT
Validation Certification Price: $200
(Includes first year of certification, $30 annual renewal fee thereafter)
• Application fee for Engagement Certification is included in price of course. • Engagement Certifications are valid for 1 year and must be renewed annually thereafter. • Processing & review for Initial Applications can take up to 4-6 weeks from submission. • Refund for withdrawal from Engagement Course within 3 business days of enrollment will be charged $30 processing fee. There will be no refunds after the 3rd business day-you will be given the opportunity to take the next available class.
Classroom Portal Is Open Now! Below Are The Mandatory Live Webinar Dates
Webinar 1: Tuesday, 16 February, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Webinar 2: Tuesday, 2 March, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Webinar 3: Tuesday, 16 March, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Webinar 4: Tuesday, 30 March, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Webinar 5: Tuesday, 13 April, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Webinar 6: Tuesday,27 April, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EST
Final Exam: May 11